Facilitation is the art of guiding a group through its process toward its goals equitably, efficiently, and effectively. As such, what facilitation looks like ‘in the room’ depends a lot on a group’s process and goals.
What might Facilitation look like?
- Facilitating a meeting prepared by your group.
- Providing agenda design and facilitation for a multi-meeting process.
- Facilitating a strategic planning, evaluation, conflict resolution, or other ‘higher stakes’ process.
- Working with your group as an ‘on call communication expert’ for process advice and regular meeting facilitation.
- Mentoring your group in communication practices through an organizational transition.
- Guiding the ‘core group’ formation and development of a start-up organization.
- Leading a group conflict resolution process.